Flights to Puglia
The region of Apulia (Puglia in Italian) has 3 airports:
- Karol Wojtyła International Airport in Bari
- Papola Casale International Airport of Brindisi
- Gino Lisa Airport in Foggia
In order to choose the right airport and understand which flight to Puglia is best to book, here is a short presentation of the airports in Puglia, the airlines operating and the direct flights to and from Bari, Brindisi and Foggia.
Bari Airport is centrally located on the Adriatic coast of Puglia and makes it easy to get to Monopoli, Polignano a Mare, Molfetta but also the famous towns of the Itria Valley such as Alberobello, Castellana Grotte or Locorotondo.
Here is a list of the main companies operating at Bari airport: ITA Airways, Lufthansa, easyJet, Volotea, Vueling, Luxair, Ryanair, Air France, Albawings, Turkish Airlines, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Eurowings, Transavia, Swiss, S7 Airlines, Wizz Air, Aegean, Air Cairo, Air Dolomiti.
To reach one's destination from the airport there are many options. The first is to book a taxi or a rental service with driver. You can also rent a car, take a bus or shuttle bus to reach the stations of Palese (1.5 km away) or Bari Centrale.
Brindisi Airport is also known as Salento Airport because it provides easy access to the most popular cities in Salento and Puglia: Ostuni, Martina Franca, Ceglie Messapica, Lecce, Gallipoli, Otranto, Ugento, Savelletri, Carovigno, Mesagne, Latiano, Santa Maria di Leuca, Marina di Pescoluse, Gallipoli, Porto Cesareo, Torre Chianca, Pulsano.
The following airlines fly through this airport: ITA Airways, Ryanair, Transavia, Volotea, easyJet, Wizz Air, Lufthansa, Luxair, Aegean, Air Dolomiti, Air France, Albastar, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Eurowings, Swiss.
To get to your destination, you can book a taxi, a chauffeur-driven hire service or a rental car. Buses are available at the airport to reach the centre of Brindisi and the train station.
This is the northernmost airport in Puglia and is ideal for reaching the Gargano area: Vieste, Manfredonia, Rodi Garganico, San Nicola di Tremiti, Lesina, Pugnochiuso, Lido del Sole, Mattinata, Peschici, Vico del Gargano.
The only airline operating at Foggia's Gino Lisa airport is Lumiwings with its domestic flights.
To get around from Foggia airport you can take a taxi, a chauffeur-driven hire service or a rental car. There are no private bus companies at this airport but the connection to the city centre is provided by public service buses.
Puglia's three airports are well connected to major cities in Italy and Europe with direct national and international flights.
Here are some of the most interesting flights selected according to the state and city of origin of the flight.
Direct flights to Bari Airport:
- Italy: flights from Milan, Bergamo, Bologna, Cagliari, Catania, Rome, Florence, Genoa, Olbia, Palermo, Pisa, Turin, Trieste, Venice, Verona
- Switzerland: flights from Basel and Zurich
- France: flights from Bordeaux, Paris, Lyon and Marseille
- Germany: flights from Berlin, Brandenburg, Cologne, Duesseldorf, Karlsruhe, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, Nuremberg and Stuttgart
- Netherlands: flights from Amsterdam and Maastricht
- Belgium: flights from Brussels
- England: flights from London Stansted and Gatwick
- Austria: flights from Vienna and Modlin
- Spain: flights from Barcelona, Alicante, Ibiza, Madrid, Seville and Valencia
- Poland: flights from Krakow, Poznan and Warsaw
- Greece: flights from Athens, Mykonos, Chania, Skiathos, Thira and Zakynthos
For a complete overview of all available flights to Bari, please consult the seasonal flight calendar on the Bari Airport website.
Direct flights to Brindisi Airport
- Italy: flights from Milan, Bologna, Bolzano, Cagliari, Rome, Genoa, Palermo, Pisa, Turin, Venice and Verona
- Switzerland: flights from Basel, Geneva and Zurich
- France: flights from Paris and Nantes
- Germany: flights from Cologne, Duesseldorf, Memmingen, Munich and Stuttgart
- Ireland: flights from Dublin
- Spain: flights from Barcelona and Madrid
- England: flights from London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Stansted and Manchester
- Netherlands: flights from Eindhoven, Rotterdam
A list of all direct flights is available on the Brindisi Airport website.
Direct flights to Foggia Airport:
- Italy: flights from Catania, Milan, Turin and Verona
More information on available direct flights can be found on the Foggia Airport website.
Flying to Puglia is easy!
Don't miss the opportunity to visit Puglia on your next holiday and find the cheapest flight to Puglia.
Puglia is served by three airports: Bari-Karol Wojtyla Airport, Brindisi-Salento Airport and Foggia Airport. All airports offer numerous domestic and international flights from major Italian and European cities. Moreover, there are many operating airlines and low-cost flight offers to Apulia can easily be found, especially if booked in advance.
Apulia is a region rich in culture and traditions, with an artistic and archaeological heritage of great value. During the summer, Apulia attracts visitors from all over the world, both for its beautiful beaches and crystal-clear waters, and for the beautiful towns and historical cities, such as Lecce, Ostuni or Alberobello.
To find the best flights to Apulia, you need to choose your holiday destination and evaluate in advance the offers of airlines offering flights to Apulia. In this way, you can find the cheapest and most convenient flight to your destination.