Travel Tips about Puglia
1) Is it a good idea to rent a car?
A car is the best way to visit Puglia and be free to discover the towns and their surroundings, get to know the countryside and its fascinating hamlets, wander along its panoramic coastal roads.
3) Where are the hotels best suited to a family holiday with kids?
We suggest Otranto, Gallipoli, Ugento e Savelletri di Fasano for the best family hotels in Puglia. They offer several services for younger guests (baby and mini club, bottle preparation facilities, baby sitters on request) and if situated near the sea, the kids can play safely on the sandy beaches where the waters are shallow and not dangerous.
4) What is the quietest, least crowded area for a relaxing vacation in Puglia?
The splendid, unspoilt area of the Gargano; one of the lushest and most surprising nature areas. Set in the National Park of the Gargano and looking out over the Adriatic Sea, you will find Peschici and Rodi Garganico, two well-known bathing venues (awarded several times the Blue Flag) and less crowded than the Salento.
5) Which hotels welcome pets?
These Hotels welcome pets – we suggest you check costs and availability based on the dates of your stay:
- Masseria Il Frantoio
- Masseria Torre Coccaro
- Masseria Cimino
- Relais La Sommità
- Relais Corte Altavilla
- Le Fabriche Masseria in Vigna
- Borgo Egnazia Hotel e Ville
- Le Grotte della Civita
- Sant'Angelo Luxury Resort
- Masseria Salinola
- Hotel Il Porto
- Masseria Prosperi
- Relais Corte Palmieri
- Masseria Montelauro
- Hotel Palazzo del Corso
- Relais Chateaux Il Melograno
- Borgo San Marco
- Lama di Luna Biomasseria
- Tenuta Furnirussi
6) What is the weather like in Puglia – What are the mean temperatures?
Puglia’s climate is typically Mediterranean on the coasts and in the plains. Here you will find hot summers, dry and with recurrent winds, and mild rainy winters. The Subapennino Dauno, the Ala Murgia and the Gargano are on the other hand marked by cooler summers and have the heaviest snowfall in winter. Mean temperatures in Puglia. As a precaution, check on the weather sites before booking your vacation.
January – 5°/12°
February – 5°/13°
March – 7°/15°
April – 8°/17°
May – 9°/ 18°
June – 13°/25°
July – 15°/29°
August – 13°/28°
September – 9°/24°
October – 7°/15°
November – 5°/13°
December – 5°/12°.
7) Hotels and tourist accommodation in Puglia with kitchenette
The following hotels in Puglia offer rooms or mini-apartments with a kitchenette allowing guests to cover their own catering needs.
- Masseria Li Foggi: 7 apartments with lounge area and kitchenette (dishwasher included).
- Masseria Salinola: una suite e alcuni appartamenti bilocali con angolo cottura composto da un piccolo fornello elettrico e lavandino.
- Borgo Egnazia: alcune ville private e casette dell’area Borgo sono dotate di cucinotto.
8) Hotels in Puglia with rooms with fireplaces
There are a number of hotels in Puglia with rooms equipped with romantic fireplaces, ideal for heating but also to create a soft intimate atmosphere.
Masseria Torre Coccaro: the Aranceto Suite and some Junior Suites and Deluxe Junior Suites
Masseria Torre Maizza: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite and Suite
Masseria Cimino: Standard, Massaro Suite and della Torre Suite
Relais Chateaux Il Melograno: Patio Master Suite and Suite
Masseria San Domenico: San Domenico Suite
Borgo Egnazia Hotel & Ville: rooms La Corte Magnifica and Egnazia Suite and the Villas Giardino, Giardino Pugliese, Splendida, Magnifica and Giardino Mediterraneo
Grotte della Civita: Cave’ Executive Suite
Borgo San Marco: Suite
Don Ferrante Dimore di Charme: Suite Don Ferrante
Lama di Luna Bio Masseria: Standard, Standard Murgia, Family Suite and Benessere Suite
9) Which are the most beautiful and popular beaches in Puglia?
Almost all Apulia’s provinces can boast beautiful beaches but there is no doubt that the Salento and the Isole Tremiti are the localities with beaches straight from Paradise – We list ten of the best:
Maldive del Salento: Marina di Pescoluse
Punta Pizzo: Spiaggia di Gallipoli
Isola dei Conigli and Punta Prosciutto: Porto Cesareo
Baia dei Turchi: Otranto
Polignano a Mare: Bari
Torre Pozzelle: Ostuni
Isole Tremiti: Cala Pietra di Fucile and Cala dei Pagliai
Baia delle Zagare: Mattinata
Cala San Felice: Vieste